Citric acid - is a food additive classified as organic acids and natural preservative. Citric acid is widely in nature - in all citrus fruits, berries, tobacco stems, fir needles. There is a high concentration of this acid in unripe lemons and chinese magnolia vine.
- it is a component part of every live cells;
- participates in metabolism;
- completely absorbed by the body.
- Citric acid is used as an acidulant, the acidity regulator, color stabilizer. It is used for the manufacture of confectionery, jams and similar products of fruit and berries, canned and frozen vegetables and fruits, seed oils and animal fats, alcohol and soft drinks, cheeses, semi-finished meat and processing of fresh fish.
- Citric acid is also used in home cooking in the preparation of compotes, canning, sauces, pickles, jellies, different stuffing for pies and cakes.
- Citric acid is widely used in the food industry, detergents manufacture, as well as in cosmetology and pharmacology.